Home coffee enthusiast Chris Heiniger lifted the Gold Aeropress at the 2015 Eastern Aeropress Championship, but the competition featured too many creative Aeropress recipes not to share a few of our favorites. Warning: you probably won’t be able to get through this post without grabbing your brewing kit and giving a few of these killer Aeropress recipes a try.
Erika Moore, Bonlife Coffee
- 15 g. Ringer Blend from Bonlife Coffee: 50% Ethiopia natural process Tswana, 50% Granja La Esperanza Geisha Peaberry
- 240 ml. of water poured over 25 seconds
- Steep for 20 seconds
- Stir back and forth
- 1:20 plunge
- Aerate and pour awesomeness
Anne Decker, Press
- 17 grams Ethiopia Lomi Tasha roasted by Woodburl Coffee in Dayton, Ohio.
- Grind on 6 on EK43 (coarse)
- 250 ml. of 197F reverse osmosis water
- Set up Aeropress in inverted position
- bloom with 50 ml. of 197F reverse osmosis water
- At 55 seconds add another 200 grams of water.
- Stir thoroughly at 1:10, put on cap.
- Flip Aeropress onto vessel at 1:40
- At 2:05 press for thirty seconds, leaving 35 grams of coffee in Aeropress.
- 17g. washed Ethiopia from Verve Coffee
- 50 ml. of 75 C. water. Wait 30 seconds.
- 200 ml. of 90 C. water, slowly poured until 1:15
- Stir once and place plunger in Aeropress
- Slow press to 2:30, leave ~20 grams in Aeropress
Tim Jones, Jubala Village Coffee
- 22 grams of Workize Shallo, Ethiopia from Counter Culture Coffee ground at 3.75 on EK43.
- Able Disk Fine + Aeropress paper filter.
- Add 100 ml. of water, stir.
- After 30 seconds add another 100 ml. of water.
- At 1:00 flip and press for 30 seconds.
- Dilute brew with 30 ml. of water.
Justin Taylor, Quills Coffee
- 17 g. Kigeyo, Rwanda from Quills Coffee, ground on 8.5 with a EK43
- Rinse pre-cut Chemex filter
- Place Aeropress in standard position
- Add 270 ml. of 200 F water over 30 seconds
- Cap and let sit for 1 minute
- Uncap, stir twice, recap, and press for 40 seconds.
- Leave tad bit of water with grounds.